Bridging Open Work Permit
Bridging open work permits provides an opportunity to extend work permits to foreign nationals who have already applied for permanent residency and are waiting for a decision on the application.
To be eligible for BOWP, you must:-
- live in Canada (and intend to live outside Quebec) at the time you apply for your BOWP
- You can leave Canada while we process your application.
- However, if you leave Canada after your work permit expires, you can’t work until your new application is approved.
- be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
- have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
- Submitting a profile to the pool is not the same as applying for permanent residence.
- Make sure you understand how Express Entry works.
- have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
- We send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application